Monday, January 5, 2009
You Guys! We're in Madrid!
So we've finally arrived! There really weren't any problems with our flight and due to the careless injestion of coke, coffee, and chocolate, there was no sleeping on that plane. The switch to Spanish is more humerous than I anticipated and I can't believe we're actually living here for five months -- how lucky! Somehow we got ourselves on the Metro and to "Pop Hostel" where we'll be staying for the night and then tomorrow it's off to Valladolid to meet our host families. Pop is everything we imagined and more -- complete with the faint fishy smell and mural walls :) We'll be going to dinner (or making it) tonight after we pick up one of our amigas from the airport. This is going to be an adventure!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

BAHHHH!!!! You're there! I lovelovelove you NUGZ. Live it up. I'm thinking about you:)
ReplyDeleteHey Erin, it's cory. I'm just showing mom how to comment on this haha
ReplyDeleteHi dummy, it's mamma winks, you are probably sleeping now. I still want to know the weather forecast so I can feel really bad. I am also practicing blog comments, haha. Love ya, Ma
ReplyDeletehow was the meeting of the host family? Do you have a big family and are they amazing? Well no replacement for Mamma Winks but hopefully they'll be good for 5 months. What is your first meal? Don't they just give you sooo much food. Take care
ReplyDeleteErin!! I found you. Technology can make you insane but also ecstatic. Should I stay with it? Glad to hear all is well so far; it sounds like a fabulous adventure. Hope the necklace went over well. Love you, miss you, can't wait to hear more stories. I now have e-mail,etc. It took "labor pains", but the baby is here. xoxoxoxox aj
ReplyDelete